When is the best time to pursue your goal of getting straighter teeth? If you’re like many adults who have deferred this goal over and over again and are finally ready to say goodbye — and good riddance — to your crooked, inconsistently spaced, and misaligned teeth, there is no time like the present! Your dentist in Red Deer will do everything they can to help you achieve your goals within your schedule and timeline. Is one time any better than any other? That depends on you and your schedule and priorities but, all things being equal, the best time to start Invisalign with a dentist in Red Deer is in the winter. Here’s a quick review of the benefits of Invisalign in Red Deer and a few practical reasons we encourage people to get started during the winter season.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
● Invisalign’s thermoplastic aligners that fit snugly against your teeth are more comfortable than traditional metal braces made with brackets and wires that press and poke against your lips and teeth
● With Invisalign, you won’t experience the stigma often associated with braces, but will feel confident knowing that your teeth are being straightened without anyone knowing it — unless you let them in on your secret
● While every treatment plan is different because no two people have precisely the same teeth, mouth, and circumstances, your dentist in Red Deer can usually straighten your teeth with Invisalign faster than with braces
● Invisalign’s aligners are invisible. No, that wasn’t a typo. They’re transparent.
● Invisalign’s aligners are removable. No, that wasn’t a typo either. You’ll take them out to eat, drink, brush, floss, snap a selfie and share an intimate moment with someone close to you. (But don’t leave them out too long because they only work while you wear them.)
● You will never have to worry about food getting stuck in your braces because you won’t be wearing braces when you eat — or ever. You’ll never eat with your aligners on your teeth. Take them out. Eat. Brush your teeth. Clean your aligners. Put your aligners back on your teeth. Yes, it’s as easy as that.
Why is winter the best time to start with Invisalign near you?
When it comes to the best time of year to start an Invisalign treatment plan with the help of a dentist near you, there is no time like the present. There are a few practical reasons, though, why the winter season is the ideal time to get started.
Depending on your specific treatment plan, starting in the winter might mean you’re done by summer! You may not have to live through another summer of sunglasses, suntans, beach dates, summer weddings, and warm summer nights with crooked teeth. Instead, you can feature your newly straightened teeth in all your summer pics.
You will have to follow up appointments with your dentist in Red Deer while wearing Invisalign’s aligners. Those appointments typically happen every six weeks or so. Let’s face it, there’s usually a little less going on in Red Deer in the winter than in the summer. It’ll be easier to keep those appointments in the wintertime than during the short and sweet summer months when the last thing you want to do is go to the dentist’s office — no matter how short and simple the checkups will be.
When it’s too cold, stormy, wintery, or slippery outside to do much else in the wintertime, you’ll have plenty of time to stay in and maintain your oral health. It might not be the first thing you’ll think of as a way to kill the time during Alberta’s winter months, but it’s a good one. With Invisalign, you’ll be able to brush and floss at least as well as you do now. With time to spare over the winter, your teeth may be cleaner, whiter, and healthier at the end of your Invisalign treatment plan than they are now — not to mention straighter!