Dental Bridges in Red Deer, AB
Dental Bridges Near You
There are several different dental prosthetics that our dentist can recommend if you’re looking to fill in gaps left behind by missing teeth and, by extension, restore your beautiful smile. One such prosthetic is a dental bridge.
Depending on your unique case, you may be an ideal candidate to receive this treatment. Our local dental practice provides dental bridges near you. Contact our staff today to learn more about it.
What is a dental bridge?
Though there are four different types of dental bridges available, the basic structure remains the same: an artificial tooth (also known as a pontic) fills in the gap in your smile and is held in position by dental crowns, which are fastened onto your neighboring teeth.
Listed below are the types of dental bridges:
1. Traditional – This structure is the one described above. It is one of the most popular types of dental bridges among patients.
2. Cantilever – Only one dental crown is used to hold the artificial tooth in place, which makes it a good option if you’re missing a tooth at the back of your smile.
3. Maryland – Again, this is very similar to a traditional bridge, but in addition to dental pontic and crowns, a framework is incorporated into the structure of the prosthetic. Porcelain or metal are the most commonly used materials. Maryland bridges only attach to a single neighboring tooth.
4. Implant-supported – Made evident by the name, dental implants are surgically installed into a patient’s jawbone and used to support the dental bridge which sits over top. Implant-supported bridges are one of the most durable forms but do require multiple sessions.
If you have any questions about the dental bridges procedure, please get in touch with your dentist. They’ll be able to explain the treatment from start to finish so you know what to expect and don’t meet with any surprises.
Reasons to Receive a Dental Bridge
Your dentist may suggest obtaining a dental bridge because it can benefit your oral health in many ways. Those ways are listed below:
• Restoring your ability to bite and chew.
• Helping you pronounce words more clearly.
• Supporting your facial shape.
• Distributing the pressure and forces when you chew.
• Stops teeth from shifting out of place.
• Prevents bacteria build-up.
• Remedies your smile and boosts your confidence!
Keep in mind, that you’ll need to attend a consultation with our dentist prior to undergoing any form of dental work. They’ll take x-rays and physically assess your oral cavity to establish a comprehensive image of the health of your teeth and gums. If you are not a suitable candidate for this particular process, our dentist will work with you to select a more appropriate treatment.
Come into Saby Dental Today!
Have you been looking to speak with dentists that do bridges? Look no further than our dental clinic in Red Deer. Our amazing staff is trained to provide this treatment to any patient who requires it. Give us a call or visit our website to schedule an appointment and get started!