Oral Hygiene in Red Deer, AB
Did you know that your oral hygiene can impact the health of the rest of your body? If your teeth and gums are not properly cared for, infections can develop, and they can seep into your bloodstream.
That’s why it’s important to book and attend biannual dental hygiene appointments. This allows you to stay on top of things and helps your dentist identify and treat issues that may potentially be damaging to your smile.
At our local dental office, we provide treatments catering to patients’ dental hygiene near you. This process is extremely straightforward and takes just a few minutes to perform. Typically, a dental hygiene exam is combined with a cleaning.
Described below are the steps involved in an oral health evaluation:
- Your hygienist will conduct most of the appointment. They’ll greet you, show you to a chair and ensure that you’re comfortable before starting.
- Your dental (and sometimes medical) history and your habits at home will be discussed.
- The hygienist will examine your oral cavity using a small mirror, which helps them see your teeth at multiple angles.
- Once the exam is done, they’ll take x-rays. These digital images allow your hygienist and dentist to see what’s happening below the surface of your gums, particularly with your tooth roots and jawbone.
- And that’s it! Now that these steps are done, your smile will be thoroughly cleaned. Your dentist will stop by every so often to supervise your treatment and see how you’re faring.
If you have any concerns or queries during your visit, don’t hesitate to let your dental team know.
Who Should Receive a Dental Exam?
Patients of all ages, from kiddos, to teenagers, to young adults and adults, should all come in for dental exams on a regular basis. This treatment is a simple, pain-free preventative measure; not only does it boost the freshness of your breath and the color of your smile, but it gets rid of any bacteria and plaque that has amalgamated on your smile, reducing the chances of cavities and gum disease from occurring.
Call Our Local Dental Practice Today!
Have you been on the hunt for reliable dental hygiene clinics near you? At Saby Dental, our amazing, capable team is waiting to hear from you. We are here to walk with you on your oral health journey and help you achieve the healthy smile you’ve always wanted. Give us a call or send us an email to get started!