Dental bonding can improve the appearance of your smile
Dental bonding is one of the least invasive and less expensive cosmetic dental treatment options available.
If you have:
- unsightly gaps between your front teeth
- slightly chipped teeth
- rough or jagged edges on your front teeth
- dull coloured or stained teeth
Dental bonding in Red Deer, AB T4N 6V7 can effectively cover them up for a natural looking improvement in your smile.
How does it work?
Composite resin is a white, tooth coloured material that can be shaded to match your teeth. The material is applied to your teeth and sculpted to cover or replace the problem area. The material bonds to the surface of your teeth like a glue. It is often “cured” or hardened with an intense ultraviolet light.
Make your dental bonding last
While bonding in Red Deer, AB T4N 6V7 is initially a less expensive cosmetic treatment option than porcelain veneers or dental crowns, it tends to break down and discolour overtime.
Here are a few tips to help your dental bonding last as long as it can:
- Teeth that have had a dental bonding treatment don’t require any special care beyond good oral hygiene practices such as regular brushing and flossing, and dental check-ups and professional cleanings.
- Keep in mind that bonding material can chip, so you’ll need to avoid habits like biting your fingernails, or chewing on things like pens, pencils or ice cubes. If you begin to feel sharp edges, or if your tooth feels strange when you bite, it’s time to contact your dentist.
Bonding may be an effective option, however it is difficult to estimate how long your bonding will last. It varies depending upon your bite, habits and other factors.
Is dental bonding for you?
Dental bonding is best suited for:
- small cosmetic improvements
- temporary fixes of cosmetic defects
- teeth in areas of low bite force such as your front teeth
If you would like to learn more about dental bonding and other cosmetic dental treatment options, please schedule a consultation with Dr. Sandhu Red Deer dentist.