Dental Exams in Red Deer, AB
Dental Exams Near You
One of the most well-known dental treatments is routine dental exams and cleanings. Patients are advised to come in and undergo this process at least every six months, no matter how old or how healthy they are. These appointments allow you and your dentist to stay on top of any potential issues and preserve your overall oral hygiene.
At Saby Dental, we provide dental exams in Red Deer. New and returning patients alike are encouraged to get in touch with our staff today and book a visit at a time that works for them.
Steps of a Dental Exam
A comprehensive oral exam is an extremely straightforward process that can be done in just a few minutes. It is the preliminary stage of the appointment.
Outlined below are the steps involved in a dental evaluation:
- A hygienist will greet you and show you to a chair. They will be conducting most of your appointment; your dentist will come to check on you from time to time to make sure that you’re doing well.
- The hygienist will thoroughly examine your oral cavity with a small mirror, checking for any plaque and tartar buildup or budding cavities.
- X-rays will be taken. These images help your dental team identify anything that’s amiss below the surface of your gums. It allows them to understand the health of your bones too.
- Your dental history, brushing and flossing habits, and any preferences you have regarding treatment. will be discussed.
- Then the cleaning portion of the appointment will begin. This involves the removal of bacteria and the buildup of debris from your teeth and along your gum line, brushing, flossing, and rinsing, and then the fluoride application.
If you have any queries or concerns at all, don’t be afraid to let your hygienist and/or dentist know. They’ll do everything they can to make sure you’re kept comfortable while they tend to your smile.
Benefits of Dental Exams
- It’s quick. Typically, the exam and cleaning only take 60 minutes or so.
- It’s a painless process.
- Prevents serious dental issues from arising.
- Freshens up your breath.
- Brightens up the appearance of your smile.
- It is safe and effective for patients of all ages.