Dental Crowns in Red Deer, AB
Dental Crowns Near You
A damaged tooth, whether the tooth is cracked, worn down, or has been weakened by decay, can lead to other issues with your smile down the road. Fortunately, many solutions are available to you as a patient, including receiving a dental crown.
This form of treatment not only strengthens it but helps preserve it as well, especially when you’re chewing and biting.
Our dental clinic offers dental crowns in Red Deer. We encourage you to contact our dental crown specialist for more information about this process.
Types of Dental Crowns
Several materials can be used to fabricate dental prosthetics, including dental crowns.
• Metal (silver, gold).
• All porcelain.
• All resin.
• All ceramic.
Each option has its advantages; for instance, metal and porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns are durable and often the most affordable. Resin, ceramic, and all-porcelain are worth considering if you don’t want your dental crown to stand out.
Talk to a dental crown specialist near you to learn more. They’ll invite you to come in for a preliminary consultation, where they’ll take x-rays, physically examine your teeth and gums, and discuss your preferences and expectations regarding treatment. Our dentist will be able to identify the best option for you.
The Dental Crown Process
For at least 2 appointments, our dentist will prepare your smile to receive the prosthetic and place it correctly to boost your teeth’ functionality.
• Impressions are taken of your smile so that the crown will fit your oral dimensions exactly.
• The damaged tooth will be cleaned and cleared of decay or other debris, such as bits of bone. Then it will be carefully trimmed so that the crown can fit.
• It takes a few weeks for the crown to be made at the dental lab. While you wait, our dentist will give you a temporary crown.
• Once it’s ready, you’ll be called in to have it installed. The temporary crown will be swapped with the permanent crown. It’s glued into place.
• Your tooth will be polished, and your bite pattern will be checked before you’re free to go.
Let our dental team know if you have questions or concerns or require additional care to remain comfortable. If you’re worried about sensitivity or pain, Sedation density is available.
Book an Appointment at Saby Dental!
Are you interested in receiving a dental crown? When you come into our dental office, our amazing staff will ensure that the dental crown procedure is smooth. You’ll be good, skilled hands the entire time.
If you’d like to get started with this treatment soon, call us, go to our website, or drop by our location to schedule an appointment at a time that works for you. We’ll see you soon!