Dentures & partial dentures don’t mean compromise on comfort, function, or form
Dentures are a treatment option for people who have lost all of their natural teeth. Partial dentures in Red Deer, AB T4N 6V7 are for people who have lost only some of their teeth. A partial denture uses your existing teeth to help hold it in place, either with wire hooks or with fixed attachments on dental crowns.
In both instances, dentures can help to support your face to avoid the sunken-in-look that comes with missing teeth. Red Deer Dentures can also help you speak and eat more easily.
Using dentures is not only for the elderly, a lot of people require them. And while they are often times deemed a “last resort”, that doesn’t mean you should compromise on fit, form and function.
Denture construction: The details are so important
When constructing a denture your dentist in Red Deer, AB T4N 6V7 wants to produce an attractive smile while achieving the most ideal fit and bite for your situation.
We work closely with you to individually set each tooth to obtain the best look. When we finish we go so far as to custom stain the denture acrylic to make it look like real gums.
A step by step process helps achieve a comfortable fit
To make a proper fitting attractive denture takes a number of steps. We will work with you through each step, taking care to pay close attention to the details. The process of getting Red Deer dentures is outline below:
- The process begins when we then take a very precise mold of your gums. A precise impression is critical to optimize fit and minimize sore spots.
- Once we have a cast of your gums, we start the denture build. We use various techniques to record your jaw and bite positions. Many denture sores are related to the bite. The more accurate the bite the better the denture feels and functions.
- When this is completed we move on to the custom setting of the denture teeth. Together you and Dr. Sandhu will go through a process where we choose the appropriate tooth shape and colour. You and he will work together to set the teeth to match the smile you desire, whether it is the smile you used to have, or the one you have always dreamed of having.
- Next a prototype denture is constructed to make sure the bite and tooth set up is good for you. At this time we go through a number of checks and balances to make sure the fit is good, that you can speak properly and that you love the appearance. Then and only then will we finish the denture.
- When your new denture is delivered from the lab, Dr. Sandhu will take more measurements. Then they will put your denture in a machine that lets them custom adjust the bite to maximize function and minimize sore spots.
If you are missing teeth, we can help
While the excellent materials and innovative technology behind today’s dentures make them an appealing tooth replacement treatment option, they’re not your only choice. In fact, it’s important to consider that even the best made denture has significantly decreased chewing efficiency compared to natural teeth.
In many cases, implant supported dentures can increase chewing efficiency and comfort. If you would like to find out more about Red Deer dentures and implant supported dentures, please schedule a consultation.