Loose or Poor-Fitting Dentures in Red Deer
Loose or Poor-Fitting Dentures Near You
Are you in need of a reliable treatment to restore your smile? You may want to consider acquiring dentures. This is a resin-and-acrylic prosthetic that’s customized to fit your unique oral dimensions and fill in spaces in between your teeth to help you eat and speak better.
With that said, it’s important to keep in mind that no dental treatment is perfect; if your dentures have been damaged or they’re not fitting you properly, don’t hesitate to contact Saby Dental. Our staff can fix broken dentures near you. Give us a call today to get started.
Reasons Dentures May Not Fit Properly
Bad fitting dentures are one, if not the most, pressing concern that patients have when they’re set to undergo this treatment.
Listed below are some of the reasons why your prosthetic may not fit you as well as it should:
- Your mouth has changed shape. This is caused by bone deterioration or a lack of jaw support.
- Human error. In other words, they may not have been designed exactly right at the dental lab.
- Your dentures have become warped. While the prosthetic is indeed durable and reliable, it is still susceptible to damage. Dentures that are soaked in warm water can shrink, dry out, and change shape over time.
- They’re worn out. On average, dentures last up to 7 years, perhaps 10. Eventually, you’ll need to return to the dentist and receive a new pair.
- They need additional support. If your dentures aren’t fitting correctly or keep slipping around in your mouth even with adhesive, your dentist may recommend getting dental implants. The implants provide extra stability.
If you have any questions or concerns about your dentures, feel free to reach out to our denture repair clinic.
At our local dental clinic, our team is here to assist you with all your oral health needs and endeavors. Fixing your dentures is important, otherwise, you could end up dealing with further issues including gum irritation and swelling, mouth sores, and pain when biting and chewing.
While there are denture repair kits available to purchase at nearby drugstores and pharmacies, it’s always wise to schedule an appointment with a dental professional. Trying to mend your prosthetic yourself can result in further damage like cracks and chips.
Come into Saby Dental for denture repair near you. We’ll be able to provide you with effective strategies that you can exercise at home to ensure that your device remains in good condition. This includes cleaning them after meals and using a soft toothbrush when doing so, rinsing them in lukewarm water, and storing them in a safe place where so they don’t get lost or broken.
Book a consultation with us today! We’re excited to walk alongside you on your oral health journey and help you fall in love with your smile once more. You can reach us via phone, email, or dropping by our physical location.